Saturday, July 24, 2010

Somebody Just Slap Me

So I chose spiritual refreshment over cleaning closets, pulling weeds or curling up on the couch with a novel.  Here's how I spent my day with God:
  • I listened to some great worship music, sang out loud & even danced.  Robin Mark's music appeals to my wild Irish genes.  
  • I re-read Exodus, Numbers & Joshua, which have been the foundation for our summer study "One In A Million."  I was reminded of all the places God takes us on our journeys through the wilderness to the promised land of abundant living in Christ.
  • I enjoyed a constant conversation with the Lord, hearing so much from the Holy Spirit that I scribbled furiously throughout the day. (I can hardly read my handwriting.)
  • But mostly I bathed in His grace, held fast in His love. 
Love wins out.  Somebody just slap me.

No comments:

Post a Comment