Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Girl Scouts Had It Right

I remember my Mom getting ready for Sunday – ironing our clothes, putting vaseline on the girls’ patent leather shoes, cooking a roast so we wouldn’t devour each other after church.  We probably don’t do those things any more but we can still prepare for Sunday.  I wish I could say I prepare every week but . . . yesterday I did.  I knew Dennis was preaching on Jonah, so I read the book and thought about what God might say to me today.  I dealt with some junk in my soul (i.e., sin) so I would be prepared to worship God and to experience Him. I asked Him to open my eyes to others’ needs and to show me whether to respond with a hug, a prayer, a word of encouragement or comfort.  I can’t wait to see how today goes.  It feels good to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment