Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Spiritual Checkup


Last week I had my annual checkup: blood tests and lots of questions.  It got me to thinking about a spiritual checkup. How is your spiritual blood pressure? (I think here that high is good.)  Do you have a sense of urgency about staying connected to Jesus, letting His lifeblood be your lifeblood?  Is there any bad cholesterol (sin) clogging your arteries, preventing His power from flowing through you? What are you taking for that?  For me, I have to be in God’s word daily or the sin piles up like sludge and I get really comfortable with spiritual lethargy.  I also take medication for an underfunctioning thyroid; if I don’t, I barely have enough energy to make it through the day.  What are you taking to maintain spiritual energy?  It seems like God has wired each of us to need a different medication: prayer, meditation, music, nature, time with friends who challenge and inspire us, serving, scripture. How do you fill your soul and stay healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment